Product differentiation and spatial agglomeration in a unidirectional Cournot model
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Letters in Spatial and Resource Sciences.
Volume (Year): 4 (2011)
Issue (Month): 3 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springer.com/economics/journal/12076
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- d'Aspremont, C & Gabszewicz, Jean Jaskold & Thisse, J-F, 1979.
"On Hotelling's "Stability in Competition","
Econometric Society, vol. 47(5), pages 1145-50, September.
- Hamilton, Jonathan H. & Thisse, Jacques-Francois & Weskamp, Anita, 1989.
"Spatial discrimination : Bertrand vs. Cournot in a model of location choice,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 87-102, February.
- HAMILTON, Jonathan H. & THISSE, Jacques-François & WESKAMP, Anita, . "Spatial discrimination. Bertrand vs. Cournot in a model of location choice," CORE Discussion Papers RP -846, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Chia-Hung Sun, 2010. "Spatial Cournot competition in a circular city with directional delivery constraints," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 45(2), pages 273-289, October.
- Cancian, Maria & Bills, Angela & Bergstrom, Theodore, 1995. "Hotelling Location Problems with Directional Constraints: An Application to Television News Scheduling," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(1), pages 121-24, March.
- Gupta, Barnali & Pal, Debashis & Sarkar, Jyotirmoy, 1997. "Spatial Cournot competition and agglomeration in a model of location choice," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 261-282, June.
- Shimizu, Daisuke, 2002. "Product differentiation in spatial Cournot markets," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 76(3), pages 317-322, August.
- Mohammed Kharbach, 2009. "A Unidirectional Hotelling Model," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(3), pages 1814-1819.
- Lai, Fu-Chuan, 2001. "Sequential locations in directional markets," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 535-546, September.
- Stefano Colombo, 2009. "The unidirectional Hotelling model with spatial price discrimination," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(4), pages 3031-3040.
- Anderson, Simon P & Neven, Damien J, 1991. "Cournot Competition Yields Spatial Agglomeration," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 32(4), pages 793-808, November.
- Stefano Colombo, 2013. "Spatial Cournot competition with non-extreme directional constraints," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 51(3), pages 761-774, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.