Existence of steady - state equium in an overlapping-generations model with production (*)
AbstractThis paper establishes an existence theorem of a non-trivial (positive capital stock) steady-state equilibrium in Diamond's (1965) overlapping-generations model with production by employing the steady-state consumption curve introduced in Ihori (1978). The assumptions on preferences and production technologies that ensure the existence of a nontrivial steady-state equilibrium are separated from each other, unlike in Galor and Ryder (1989). We also provide two simple examples which illustrate the importance of two conditions in the theorem.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Economic Theory.
Volume (Year): 9 (1997)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Note: Received: March 1, 1994; revised version August 14, 1995
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00199/index.htm
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Luisa Fuster, 2000. "Capital Accumulation in an Economy with Dynasties and Uncertain Lifetimes," Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 3(4), pages 650-674, October.
- Luca Bossi & Pere Gomis-Porqueras, 2008.
"Consequences of Modeling Habit Persistence,"
0701, University of Miami, Department of Economics.
- d'Albis, Hippolyte, 2007.
"Demographic structure and capital accumulation,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 132(1), pages 411-434, January.
- Hippolyte D'Albis, 2007. "Demographic structure and capital accumulation," Post-Print hal-00630200, HAL.
- d'Albis, Hippolyte, 2007. "Demographic Structure and Capital Accumulation," Open Access publications from University of Toulouse 1 Capitole http://neeo.univ-tlse1.fr, University of Toulouse 1 Capitole.
- Anderson, Torben M. & Bhattacharya, Joydeep, 2008.
"On Myopia As Rationale for Social Security,"
Staff General Research Papers
12985, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Mireille Chiroleu-Assouline & Mouez Fodha, 2012.
"From Regressive Pollution Taxes to Progressive Environmental Tax Reforms,"
Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne
12048, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Mireille Chiroleu-Assouline & Mouez Fodha, 2012. "From Regressive Pollution Taxes to Progressive Environmental Tax Reforms," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00719762, HAL.
- Mireille Chiroleu-Assouline & Mouez Fodha, 2012. "From Regressive Pollution Taxes to Progressive Environmental Tax Reforms," CEEES Paper Series CE3S-03/12, European University at St. Petersburg, Department of Economics.
- Li, Jinlu & Lin, Shuanglin, 2012. "Existence And Uniqueness Of Steady-State Equilibrium In A Generalized Overlapping Generations Model," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(S3), pages 299-311, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.