Strategic Intergenerational Bequests with Stochastic Convex Production
AbstractThis note reconsiders the well-known model of strategic bequest/altruistic growth, but with stochastic production satisfying a strong convexity condition: The probability that the next stock exceeds any given level is concave in investment. Existence of a Markov-stationary equilibrium consumption schedule, which is continuous and with all slopes in [0, 1], is established. Under smooth data and inferiority assumptions, this schedule is differentiable, and marginal consumption is in (0,1). This property allows for a rigorous and straightforward treatment of the equilibrium characterization problem.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Economic Theory.
Volume (Year): 8 (1996)
Issue (Month): 2 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00199/index.htm
Other versions of this item:
- Rabah Amir, 1996. "Strategic intergenerational bequests with stochastic convex production," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 8(2), pages 367-376.
- AMIR , Rabah, 1994. "Strategic Intergenerational Bequests with Stochastic Convex Production," CORE Discussion Papers 1994025, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- O11 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- O47 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Measurement of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lukasz Wozny & Jakub Growiec, 2012.
"Intergenerational Interactions in Human Capital Accumulation,"
The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics,
De Gruyter, vol. 12(1), pages 20.
- Jakub Growiec & Lukasz Wozny, 2010. "Intergenerational interactions in human capital accumulation," National Bank of Poland Working Papers 71, National Bank of Poland, Economic Institute.
- Woźny, Łukasz & Growiec, Jakub, 2008. "Intergenerational interactions in human capital accumulation," MPRA Paper 10308, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.