Existence and specific characters of rentiers: a savers-spenders theory approach
AbstractUsing the savers-spenders theory developed by Mankiw (2000, AER), we propose microfoundations to the existence of rentiers in macroeconomic growth models. From an OLG model which acknowledges the great heterogeneity of consumer behavior apparent in the data, we capture the dynamic considerations of potential rentiers as a natural consequence of intertemporal utility maximization and we analyze realistic characteristics (proportion, wealth, propensity to save) of rentiers. Copyright Springer-Verlag Berlin/Heidelberg 2005
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Economic Theory.
Volume (Year): 25 (2005)
Issue (Month): 2 (02)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00199/index.htm
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bosi, Stefano & Seegmuller, Thomas, 2010.
"On the role of progressive taxation in a Ramsey model with heterogeneous households,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 46(6), pages 977-996, November.
- Stefano Bosi & Thomas Seegmuller, 2008. "On the role of progressive taxation in a Ramsey Model with heterogeneous households," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne v08051, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Pierre Pestieau & Emmanuel Thibault, 2012. "Love thy children or money," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 50(1), pages 31-57, May.
- Michel, Philippe & Thibault, Emmanuel, 2007. "The failure of Ricardian equivalence under dynastic altruism," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(5), pages 606-614, June.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00331299 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.