The relative interior of the base polyhedron and the core
AbstractThis note provides two necessary and sufficient conditions for the relative interior of the core (and the base polyhedron) to be non-empty: (i) the second largest excess of the prenucleolus is negative; (ii) the grand coalition's payoff is greater than the minimum no-blocking payoff. Such conditions imply an intuitive method in proving core existence, they also imply results on the sensitivity of the base polyhedron and the core.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Economic Theory.
Volume (Year): 18 (2001)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Note: Received: June 25, 1999; revised version: May 8, 2000
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00199/index.htm
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C62 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Existence and Stability Conditions of Equilibrium
- C71 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Cooperative Games
- D71 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Social Choice; Clubs; Committees; Associations
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Luis Sanchez-Mier, 2005. "A Theory of Political Influence and Economic Organization," Department of Economics and Finance Working Papers EC200504, Universidad de Guanajuato, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Karsten, Frank & Basten, Rob J.I., 2014. "Pooling of spare parts between multiple users: How to share the benefits?," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 233(1), pages 94-104.
- Jingang Zhao, 2009. "Estimating Merging Costs by Merger Preconditions," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 66(4), pages 373-399, April.
- Takayuki Watanabe & Nobuo Matsubayashi, 2013. "Note on Stable Mergers in a Market with Asymmetric Substitutability," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 33(3), pages 2024-2033.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.