On dynamic programming with unbounded returns
AbstractSome economic models like those of endogenous growth motivate the analysis of a class of recursive models sharing the property that the return function is not bounded along feasible paths. We consider a strategy of proof which allows to deal with many unbounded recursive models exploiting bounds to the rates of growth rather than to the levels.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Economic Theory.
Volume (Year): 15 (2000)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Note: Received: December 15, 1997; revised version: April 23, 1999
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00199/index.htm
Other versions of this item:
- Duran, Jorge, 1997. "On dynamic programming with unbounded returns," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 9710, CEPREMAP.
- Duran, Jorge, 1997. "On Dynamic Programming with Unbounded Returns," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 1997033, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Le Van, Cuong & Cagri Saglam, H., 2004.
"Optimal growth models and the Lagrange multiplier,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 40(3-4), pages 393-410, June.
- LE VAN, Cuong & SAGLAM, Cagri, 2003. "Optimal growth models and the Lagrange multiplier," CORE Discussion Papers 2003083, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- LE VAN, Cuong & SAGLAM, H. Cagri, . "Optimal growth models and the Lagrange multiplier," CORE Discussion Papers RP -1748, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Takashi Kamihigashi, 2012.
"Elementary Results on Solutions to the Bellman Equation of Dynamic Programming: Existence, Uniqueness, and Convergence,"
Discussion Paper Series
DP2012-31, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
- Takashi Kamihigashi, 2013. "Elementary Results on Solutions to the Bellman Equation of Dynamic Programming:Existence, Uniqueness, and Convergence," Discussion Paper Series DP2013-35, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University, revised Dec 2013.
- Matthias Messner & Nicola Pavoni & Christopher Sleet, .
"Contractive Dual Methods for Incentive Problems,"
GSIA Working Papers
2012-E26, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Cuong Le Van & Lisa Morhaim & Yiannis Vailakis, 2008.
"Monotone concave operators: An application to the existence and uniqueness of solutions to the Bellman equation,"
0803, Exeter University, Department of Economics.
- Le Van, C. & Morhaim, L., 2000.
"Optimal Growth Models with Bounded or Unbounded Returns : a Unifying Approach,"
Papiers d'Economie MathÃÂ©matique et Applications
2000.64, UniversitÃ© PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Le Van, Cuong & Morhaim, Lisa, 2002. "Optimal Growth Models with Bounded or Unbounded Returns: A Unifying Approach," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 105(1), pages 158-187, July.
- LE VAN, Cuong & MORHAIM, Lisa, 2001. "Optimal growth models with bounded or unbounded returns: a unifying approach," CORE Discussion Papers 2001034, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- repec:hal:wpaper:hal-00294828 is not listed on IDEAS
- Datta, Manjira & Mirman, Leonard J. & Morand, Olivier F. & Reffett, Kevin L., 2005.
"Markovian equilibrium in infinite horizon economies with incomplete markets and public policy,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 41(4-5), pages 505-544, August.
- Manjira Datta & Leonard J. Mirman & Olivier F. Morand & Kevin L. Reffett, 2005. "Markovian Equilibrium in Infinite Horizon Economies with Incomplete Markets and Public Policy," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 05-013/2, Tinbergen Institute.
- Takashi Kamihigashi, 2013. "An Order-Theoretic Approach to Dynamic Programming: An Exposition," Discussion Paper Series DP2013-29, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University, revised Nov 2013.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.