Europe's R&D: Missing the Wrong Targets?
AbstractIn this Policy Brief, Bruno van Pottelsbergh addresses two challenges: First, Europe is failing to live up to the target set in the Lisbon agenda to increase public and private-funded investment in R&D to 3 percent of GDP. Can Europe catch up? Second, since countries have different industrial specialisations, do targets for business funded R&D investment make any economic sense?
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Intereconomics.
Volume (Year): 43 (2008)
Issue (Month): 4 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=113472
Other versions of this item:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gros, Daniel & Roth, Felix, 2012. "The Europe 2020 Strategy: Can it maintain the EU’s competitiveness in the world?," CEPS Papers 7260, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Mario Coccia, 2012. "Path-breaking innovations for lung cancer: a revolution in clinical practice," CERIS Working Paper 201201, Institute for Economic Research on Firms and Growth - Moncalieri (TO).
- Shahid Yusuf, 2012. "From Technological Catch-up to Innovation : The Future of China’s GDP Growth," World Bank Other Operational Studies 12781, The World Bank.
- Mathieu, Azèle & van Pottelsberghe, Bruno, 2008.
"A Note on The Drivers of R&D Intensity,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
6684, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Mauro Sylos Labini & Natalia Zinovyeva, 2011.
"Stimulating graduates' research-oriented careers: does academic research matter?,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 20(1), pages 337-365, February.
- Mauro Sylos Labini & Natalia Zinovyeva, 2009. "Stimulating Graduates' Research-Oriented Careers: Does Academic Research Matter?," Working Papers 2009-21, FEDEA.
- Mauro Sylos Labini & Natalia Zinovyeva, 2009. "Stimulating Graduates' Research-Oriented Careers: Does Academic Research Matter ?," LEM Papers Series 2009/12, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Yusuf , Shahid & Nabeshima, Kaoru, 2009. "Can Malaysia escape the middle-income Trap ? a strategy for Penang," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4971, The World Bank.
- Francesco Daveri & Maria Laura Parisi, 2010.
"Experience, innovation and productivity. Empirical evidence from Italy's slowdown,"
1009, University of Brescia, Department of Economics.
- Francesco Daveri & Maria Laura Parisi, 2010. "Experience, Innovation and Productivity - Empirical Evidence from Italy's Slowdown," CESifo Working Paper Series 3123, CESifo Group Munich.
- Rachel Griffith & Helen Miller, 2011. "Innovation in China: the rise of Chinese inventors in the production of knowledge," IFS Working Papers W11/15, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Reinhilde Veugelers & Michele Cincera, 2010.
"Young leading innovators and EUÂ?s R&D intensity gap,"
- Michele Cincera & Reinhilde Veugelers, 2010. "Young Leading Innovators and EU’s R&D intensity gap," JRC-IPTS Working Papers on Corporate R&D and Innovation 2010-07, Institute of Prospective Technological Studies, Joint Research Centre.
- Jürgen Janger & Michael Böheim & Martin Falk & Rahel Falk & Werner Hölzl & Daniela Kletzan-Slamanig & Michael Peneder & Andreas Reinstaller & Fabian Unterlass & Gunther Tichy, 2010. "Research and Innovation Policy after the Crisis," Austrian Economic Quarterly, WIFO, vol. 15(4), pages 321-335, December.
- Soete, Luc & Freeman, Chris, 2007.
"Developing science, technology and innovation indicators: what we can learn from the past,"
UNU-MERIT Working Paper Series
001, United Nations University, Maastricht Economic and social Research and training centre on Innovation and Technology.
- Freeman, Christopher & Soete, Luc, 2009. "Developing science, technology and innovation indicators: What we can learn from the past," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 583-589, May.
- Soete, Luc & Freeman, Chris, 2007. "Developing science, technology and innovation indicators: what we can learn from the past," MERIT Working Papers 001, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Jean Pisani-Ferry & Bruno van Pottelsberghe, 2009. "Handle with care! Post-crisis growth in the EU," Policy Briefs 301, Bruegel.
- Jude Cristina & Pop Silaghi Monica, 2011. "Innovation Versus Income Convergence In Central And Eastern Europe. Is There A Correlation?," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1(1), pages 72-79, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.