A model of personal income distribution with application to Italian data
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Empirical Economics.
Volume (Year): 39 (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Stumpergasse 56, A-1060 Vienna
Phone: ++43 - (0)1 - 599 91 - 0
Fax: ++43 - (0)1 - 599 91 - 555
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00181/index.htm
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C16 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Econometric and Statistical Methods; Specific Distributions
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- McDonald, James B. & Xu, Yexiao J., 1995.
"A generalization of the beta distribution with applications,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 66(1-2), pages 133-152.
- McDonald, James B. & Xu, Yexiao J., 1995. "A generalization of the beta distribution with applications," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 427-428, October.
- Majumder, Amita & Chakravarty, Satya Ranjan, 1990. "Distribution of Personal Income: Development of a New Model and Its Application to U.S. Income Data," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 5(2), pages 189-96, April-Jun.
- Rajaonarison, Dominique & Bolduc, Denis & Jayet, Hubert, 2005. "The K-deformed multinomial logit model," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 13-20, January.
- Brandolini, A., 1999.
"The Distribution of Personal Income in Post-War Italy: Source Description, Date Quality, and the Time Pattern of Income Inequality,"
350, Banca Italia - Servizio di Studi.
- Andrea Brandolini, 1999. "The Distribution of Personal Income in Post-War Italy: Source Description, Data Quality, and the Time Pattern of Income Inequality," Giornale degli Economisti, GDE (Giornale degli Economisti e Annali di Economia), Bocconi University, vol. 58(2), pages 183-239, September.
- Andrea Brandolini, 1999. "The Distribution of Personal Income in Post-War Italy: Source Description, Data Quality, and the Time Pattern of Income Inequality," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 350, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Atkinson, Anthony B., 1970. "On the measurement of inequality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 244-263, September.
- Cowell, Frank A. & Kuga, Kiyoshi, 1981. "Additivity and the entropy concept: An axiomatic approach to inequality measurement," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 131-143, August.
- Wilfling, Bernd & Kramer, Walter, 1993. "The Lorenz-ordering of Singh-Maddala income distributions," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 53-57.
- Singh, S K & Maddala, G S, 1976. "A Function for Size Distribution of Incomes," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(5), pages 963-70, September.
- Salem, A B Z & Mount, T D, 1974. "A Convenient Descriptive Model of Income Distribution: The Gamma Density," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 42(6), pages 1115-27, November.
- Amiel, Yoram & Cowell, Frank & Polovin, Avraham, 1996. "Inequality among the Kibbutzim," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 63(250), pages S63-85, Suppl..
- Cowell, Frank A, 1980. "On the Structure of Additive Inequality Measures," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(3), pages 521-31, April.
- McDonald, James B & Ransom, Michael R, 1979. "Functional Forms, Estimation Techniques and the Distribution of Income," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(6), pages 1513-25, November.
- Kleiber, Christian, 1996. "Dagum vs. Singh-Maddala income distributions," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 265-268, December.
- Gastwirth, Joseph L, 1971. "A General Definition of the Lorenz Curve," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 39(6), pages 1037-39, November.
- Kaniadakis, G., 2001. "Non-linear kinetics underlying generalized statistics," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 296(3), pages 405-425.
- Fabio Clementi & Mauro Gallegati & Giorgio Kaniadakis, 2012. "A new model of income distribution: the κ-generalized distribution," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 105(1), pages 63-91, January.
- F. Clementi & M. Gallegati & G. Kaniadakis, 2012. "A generalized statistical model for the size distribution of wealth," Papers 1209.4787, arXiv.org, revised Dec 2012.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.