Small Sample Properties of Canonical Cointegrating Regressions
AbstractMonte Carlo simulations are performed to examine small sample properties of Canonical Cointegrating Regressions (CCR). The first data generation process is designed to generate both cointegrated and non-cointegrated systems with normal disturbances. If the near-observational equivalence of the stationary and the integrated processes is not significant, both powers and empirical sizes of CCR tests are acceptable. The second data generation process is based on the error correction model. Cointegrated systems with various fat-tailed disturbances are generated and analyzed. The empirical sizes of CCR tests with student "t" disturbances and GARCH disturbances are found to be reasonable under certain restrictions The last data generation process is a generalized least squares (GLS) process that incorporates heteroskedasticity into the error correction model. Again, the empirical sizes of CCR tests are reasonable.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Empirical Economics.
Volume (Year): 21 (1996)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Stumpergasse 56, A-1060 Vienna
Phone: ++43 - (0)1 - 599 91 - 0
Fax: ++43 - (0)1 - 599 91 - 555
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00181/index.htm
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Okubo, Masakatsu, 2002. "Long-Run Relationship between Consumption and Income in Japan: Tests of the Deterministic Cointegration Restriction," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 253-278, June.
- Han, Hsiang-Ling & Ogaki, Masao, 1997. "Consumption, income and cointegration," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 107-117.
- Han, Hsiang-Ling, 2000. "Choice of currency basket weights and its implications on trade balance," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 323-350, October.
- Elena Márquez de la Cruz, 2005. "La elasticidad de sustitución intertemporal y el consumo duradero: un análisis para el caso español," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 29(3), pages 455-481, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.