On the decomposition of changes in expectation of life and differentials in life expectancy
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Demography.
Volume (Year): 25 (1988)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springer.com/economics/journal/13524
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- James Vaupel & Anatoli Yashin, 1987. "Repeated resuscitation: How lifesaving alters life tables," Demography, Springer, vol. 24(1), pages 123-135, February.
- Spijker, Jeroen J.A. & Cámara, Antonio D. & Blanes, Amand, 2012. "The health transition and biological living standards: Adult height and mortality in 20th-century Spain," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 276-288.
- Vladimir M. Shkolnikov & Evgueni M. Andreev & Alexander Z. Begun, 2001. "Gini coefficient as a life table function: computation from discrete data, decomposition of differences and empirical examples," MPIDR Working Papers WP-2001-017, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany.
- Hiram Beltran-Sanchez & Samuel Preston & Vladimir Canudas-Romo, 2008. "An integrated approach to cause-of-death analysis: cause-deleted life tables and decompositions of life expectancy," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 19(35), pages 1323-1350, July.
- Haberman, Steven & Khalaf-Allah, Marwa & Verrall, Richard, 2011. "Entropy, longevity and the cost of annuities," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 197-204, March.
- Evgueni M. Andreev & Vladimir M. Shkolnikov & Alexander Z. Begun, 2002. "Algorithm for decomposition of differences between aggregate demographic measures and its application to life expectancies, Gini coefficients, health expectancies, parity-progression ratios and total ," MPIDR Working Papers WP-2002-035, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany.
- Jeroen Spijker & Amand Blanes Llorens, 2009. "Mortality in Catalonia in the context of the third, fourth and future phases of the epidemiological transition theory," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 20(8), pages 129-168, February.
- K. Murthy Ponnapalli, 2005. "A comparison of different methods for decomposition of changes in expectation of life at birth and differentials in life expectancy at birth," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 12(7), pages 141-172, April.
- Tomasz Wrycza & Annette Baudisch, 2012. "How life expectancy varies with perturbations in age-specific mortality," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 27(13), pages 365-376, September.
- Alyson Raalte & Hal Caswell, 2013. "Perturbation Analysis of Indices of Lifespan Variability," Demography, Springer, vol. 50(5), pages 1615-1640, October.
- Peng Fei & Philippe Wanner & Stephane Cotter, 1997. "Approche dynamique de la différence d'espérance de vie entre hommes et femmes en Suisse, entre 1910/11 et 1988/93. Une application des méthodes de décomposition de POLLARD et D'ARRIAGA," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 133(IV), pages 741-754, December.
- Arjan Gjonca & Hilke Brockmann & Heiner Maier, 2000. "Old-Age Mortality in Germany prior to and after Reunification," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 3(1), July.
- Per Kragh Andersen & Vladimir Canudas-Romo & Niels Keiding, 2013. "Cause-specific measures of life years lost," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 29(41), pages 1127-1152, December.
- Rosa Gómez-Redondo & Carl Boe, 2005. "Decomposition analysis of Spanish life expectancy at birth," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 13(20), pages 521-546, November.
- Goerlich, Francisco José & Pinilla, Rafael, 2005.
"Esperanza de Vida y Potencial de Vida a lo largo del siglo XX en España
[Live Expectancy and Potential throughout the twentieth century in Spain]," MPRA Paper 15911, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2005.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.