University productivity in Sweden: a demonstration and explanatory analysis for economics and business programs
AbstractThis explanatory study was stimulated by an initiative of the Swedish National Board of Universities and Colleges (SNBUC) which had a twofold purpose. The first was to demonstrate a formalised assessment methodology with quantitative and qualitative measures for research. The second was to utilise standardised data integrating online input-output education/research information for periodic updating use by SNBUC in the future. Although this analysis demonstrates the methodology, the data set is small and narrow in scope and the conclusions are, therefore, tentative particularly with respect to regional issues.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal The Annals of Regional Science.
Volume (Year): 30 (1996)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Note: Received: October 1994 / Accepted in revised form: September 1995
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00168/index.htm
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lissitsa, Alexej & Coelli, Tim J. & Rao, D.S. Prasada, 2005. "Agricultural Economics Education in Ukrainian Agricultural Universities: An Efficiency Analysis Using Data Envelopment Analysis," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24482, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Claudia Burgio-Ficca, 2004. "The Impact of Higher Education Research and Development on Australian Gross State Product," Economics Series 2004_01, Deakin University, Faculty of Business and Law, School of Accounting, Economics and Finance.
- Melville L. McMillan & Debasish Datta, 1998. "The Relative Efficiencies of Canadian Universities: A DEA Perspective," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 24(4), pages 485-511, December.
- Nikias Sarafoglou & Jean H.P. Paelinck, 2007.
"On Diffusion of Ideas in the Academic World: the Case of Spatial Econometrics,"
Department of Economics University of Siena
514, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
- Nikias Sarafoglou & Jean Paelinck, 2008. "On diffusion of ideas in the academic world: the case of spatial econometrics," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 42(2), pages 487-500, June.
- Daghbashyan, Zara, 2009. "Do university units differ in the efficiency of resource utilization?," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 176, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies, revised 17 Dec 2012.
- Kilpatrick, Henry E., Jr., 1998. "Some useful methods for measuring the benefits of social science research:," Impact assessments 5, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Martín Rivero, Raquel, 2007. "La eficiencia productiva en el ámbito universitario: aspectos claves para su evaluación/The Productive Efficiency in the University: Key Aspects for its Evaluation," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 25, pages 793-812, Diciembre.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.