Jump-Preserving Regression and Smoothing using Local Linear Fitting: A Compromise
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics.
Volume (Year): 59 (2007)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=102845
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Spokoiny, Vladimir G., 1998. "Estimation of a function with discontinuities via local polynomial fit with an adaptive window choice," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 1998,1, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Müller, Hans-Georg & Song, Kai-Sheng, 1997. "Two-stage change-point estimators in smooth regression models," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 323-335, June.
- Kang, Kee-Hoon & Koo, Ja-Yong & Park, Cheol-Woo, 2000. "Kernel estimation of discontinuous regression functions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 277-285, April.
- repec:wop:humbsf:1998-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Irene Gijbels & Peter Hall & Aloïs Kneip, 1999. "On the Estimation of Jump Points in Smooth Curves," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 51(2), pages 231-251, June.
- Huh, Jib, 2012. "Nonparametric estimation of the regression function having a change point in generalized linear models," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(4), pages 843-851.
- Sun, Edward W. & Meinl, Thomas, 2012. "A new wavelet-based denoising algorithm for high-frequency financial data mining," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 217(3), pages 589-599.
- Peihua Qiu, 2009. "Jump-preserving surface reconstruction from noisy data," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 61(3), pages 715-751, September.
- Aslanidis, Nektarios & Casas, Isabel, 2013. "Nonparametric correlation models for portfolio allocation," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(7), pages 2268-2283.
- Isabel Casas & Irene Gijbels, 2009. "Unstable volatility functions: the break preserving local linear estimator," CREATES Research Papers 2009-48, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Shohei Tateishi & Sadanori Konishi, 2011. "Nonlinear regression modeling and detecting change points via the relevance vector machine," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 26(3), pages 477-490, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.