Bounded influence regression using high breakdown scatter matrices
AbstractIn this paper we estimate the parameters of a regression model using S-estimators of multivariate location and scatter. The approach is proven to be Fisher-consistent, and the influence functions are derived. The corresponding asymptotic variances are obtained and it is shown how they can be estimated in practice. A comparison with other recently proposed robust regression estimators is made.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics.
Volume (Year): 55 (2003)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=102845
Other versions of this item:
- Croux, Christophe & Van Aelst, S & Dehon, C, 2003. "Bounded influence regression using high breakdown scatter matrices," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/101340, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Croux, Christophe & Haesbroeck, G, 1999. "Influence function and efficiency of the minimum covariance determinant scatter matrix estimator," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/97158, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Croux, Christophe & Rousseeuw, Peter & Hössjer, O., 1994. "Generalized S-estimators," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/205831, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Croux, Christophe & Dehon, Catherine & Rousseeuw, Peter J. & Aelst, Stefan Van, 2001. "Robust estimation of the conditional median function at elliptical models," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 51(4), pages 361-368, February.
- Croux, Christophe & Haesbroeck, G, 2000. "Principal component analysis based on robust estimators of the covariance or correlation matrix: Influence functions and efficiencies," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/99557, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Croux, Christophe & Haesbroeck, Gentiane, 1999. "Influence Function and Efficiency of the Minimum Covariance Determinant Scatter Matrix Estimator," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 161-190, November.
- Catherine Dehon & Marjorie Gassner & Vincenzo Verardi, 2005. "Robustness or Efficiency, A Test to Solve the Dilemma," Econometrics 0508011, EconWPA.
- Croux, Christophe & Dhaene, Geert & Hoorelbeke, Dirk, 2003.
"Robust standard errors for robust estimators,"
Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
urn:hdl:123456789/118271, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Croux, Christophe & Dhaene, Geert & Hoorelbeke, Dirk, 2004. "Robust standard errors for robust estimators," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/238634, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Christophe Croux & Geert Dhaene & Dirk Hoorelbeke, 2003. "Robust Standard Errors for Robust Estimators," Center for Economic Studies - Discussion papers ces0316, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centrum voor Economische Studiën.
- Christmann, Andreas & Steinwart, Ingo & Hubert, Mia, 2007. "Robust learning from bites for data mining," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 347-361, September.
- Dehon, Catherine & Gassner, Marjorie & Verardi, Vincenzo, 2009. "A Hausman-type test to detect the presence of influential outliers in regression analysis," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 105(1), pages 64-67, October.
- Christmann, Andreas & Steinwart, Ingo & Hubert, Mia, 2006. "Robust Learning from Bites for Data Mining," Technical Reports 2006,03, Technische Universität Dortmund, Sonderforschungsbereich 475: Komplexitätsreduktion in multivariaten Datenstrukturen.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.