Estimation of origin-destination matrix from traffic counts: the state of the art
AbstractThe estimation of up-to-date origin-destination matrix (ODM) from an obsolete trip data, using current available information is essential in transportation planning, traffic management and operations. Researchers from last 2 decades have explored various methods of estimating ODM using traffic count data. There are two categories of ODM; static and dynamic ODM. This paper presents studies on both the issues of static and dynamic ODM estimation, the reliability measures of the estimated matrix and also the issue of determining the set of traffic link count stations required to acquire maximum information to estimate a reliable matrix.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by ISTIEE, Institute for the Study of Transport within the European Economic Integration in its journal European Transport / Trasporti Europei.
Volume (Year): (2011)
Issue (Month): 49 ()
Contact details of provider:
More information through EDIRC
Origin-Destination matrix; Static origin-destination matrix; Dynamic origin-destination matrix; Traffic count stations;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yang, Hai & Sasaki, Tsuna & Iida, Yasunori & Asakura, Yasuo, 1992. "Estimation of origin-destination matrices from link traffic counts on congested networks," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 417-434, December.
- Cascetta, Ennio & Nguyen, Sang, 1988. "A unified framework for estimating or updating origin/destination matrices from traffic counts," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 437-455, December.
- Yang, Hai & Iida, Yasunori & Sasaki, Tsuna, 1994. "The equilibrium-based origin-destination matrix estimation problem," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 23-33, February.
- Yang, Hai, 1995. "Heuristic algorithms for the bilevel origin-destination matrix estimation problem," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 231-242, August.
- Yang, Hai & Zhou, Jing, 1998. "Optimal traffic counting locations for origin-destination matrix estimation," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 109-126, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Romeo Danielis).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.