Fair Wages and Multiple Fairness Standards – A Lab Study of Co-Employment of Hired and Rented Hands
AbstractWe study the relevance of fairness norms in an experimental scenario in which hired and rented hands are co-employed and stochastic influences and multiple reference points for fairness further increase complexity. Co-employment of hired and rented hands is an example out of a broader class of situations with multiple fairness standards. Co-employment has high political relevance and topicality in Europe, and especially in Germany, where a new equal payment rule affecting temporary work agencies has become law. To shed new light on the relevance of fairness norms in complex settings, we explore theoretically and experimentally the possible fairness considerations of the participants.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by LMU Munich School of Management in its journal Schmalenbach Business Review.
Volume (Year): 59 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Fairness; Principal-agent Problem; Temporary Agency Work; Wage Discrimination;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C7 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory
- C91 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Laboratory, Individual Behavior
- D3 - Microeconomics - - Distribution
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Angelova, Vera & Güth, Werner & Kocher, Martin G., 2012.
"Co-employment of permanently and temporarily employed agents,"
Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 48-58.
- Werner Güth & Martin G. Kocher & Vera Popova, 2010. "Co-employment of permanently and temporarily employed agents," Jena Economic Research Papers 2010-016, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Max-Planck-Institute of Economics.
- Güth, Werner & Kocher, Martin G. & Popova, Vera, 2012. "Co-employment of permanently and temporarily employed agents," Munich Reprints in Economics 18169, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (sbr) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask sbr to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.