Romania’s Governmental Public Debt in the Context of the Present Day Financial Crisis: its Dynamics During the Last Ten Years
AbstractThe main objective of this work is to identify the determining role of the evolution of government debt on the Romanian economy in current conditions of global financial crisis. With a view to make clear the analyzed phenomenon, we have employed an important amount of statistic data in order to carry out the research dealing with the dynamics of Romania’s governmental public debt during the period 2001-2010 which emphasized the main tendencies displayed by its evolution and which influence the measures meant to improve the management of public debt.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Romanian Statistical Review in its journal Romanian Statistical Review Supplement.
Volume (Year): 60 (2012)
Issue (Month): 4 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 16 Libertatii Avenue, Sector 5, Bucureşti, Code 70542
Phone: 004 021 336 2691
Fax: 004 021 3124873
Web page: http://www.revistadestatistica.ro
More information through EDIRC
governmental public debt; financial crisis; gross domestic product; public debt management; stocks;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E00 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General - - - General
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
- H19 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government - - - Other
- H63 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Debt; Debt Management; Sovereign Debt
- M48 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Accounting - - - Government Policy and Regulation
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2010.
"Growth in a Time of Debt,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association,
American Economic Association, vol. 100(2), pages 573-78, May.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Rogoff, Kenneth, 2010. "Growth in a Time of Debt," CEPR Discussion Papers, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers 7661, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2010. "Growth in a Time of Debt," NBER Working Papers 15639, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Reinhart, Carmen M. & Rogoff, Kenneth S., 2010. "Growth in a Time of Debt," Scholarly Articles 11129154, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Alina Georgiana Holt, 2009. "Risks Associated to Public Governmental Debt and Their Management," Annals of the University of Petrosani, Economics, University of Petrosani, Romania, University of Petrosani, Romania, vol. 9(2), pages 13-20.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Adrian Visoiu).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.