Le molte funzioni del lavoro interinale in Italia: da strumento di flessibilità a contratto di prova
AbstractThe paper explores the reasons behind the success of Temporary Help Agency workers in Italy, focussing on its role to fit a vacancy on a permanent basis. The lack of alternative instruments to facilitate the match between the supply and demand of labour helped the growth of the sector. The empirical analysis shows that the probability to transform a contract with a temporary help agency to a standard contract is maximum when the length of the temporary contract is intermediate, i.e. sufficiently long to test the worker but not too long to be excessively costly compared with other labour market instruments.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by SIPI Spa in its journal Rivista di Politica Economica.
Volume (Year): 93 (2003)
Issue (Month): 2 (March-April)
Contact details of provider:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
- J42 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Monopsony; Segmented Labor Markets
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sergio Destefanis & Raquel Fonseca, 2006.
"Labour-Market Reforms and the Beveridge Curve: Some Macro Evidence for Italy,"
436, RAND Corporation Publications Department.
- Sergio Destefanis & Raquel Fonseca, 2006. "Labour-Market Reforms and the Beveridge Curve. Some Macro Evidence for Italy," CSEF Working Papers 168, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Bonaventura, Luigi, 2010.
"Agenzie di collocamento ed effetti sulle frizioni nel mercato del lavoro,"
DEMQ Working Paper Series
2010/11, University of Catania, Department of Economics and Quantitative Methods.
- Luigi Bonaventura, 2012. "Agenzie di collocamento ed effetti sulle frizioni nel mercato del lavoro," Economia & Lavoro, Fondazione Giacomo Brodolini, issue 2, pages 95.
- Bonaventura Luigi, 2012. "Agenzie di collocamento ed effetti sulle frizioni nel mercato del lavoro," Economia & lavoro, Carocci editore, issue 2, pages 95.
- Bosio, Giulio, 2008. "Labour market transition in Italy: an empirical investigation," MPRA Paper 18901, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sabrina Marino).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.