Involving Project Leaders within Project Management Teams – Key Factor towards Competitiveness
AbstractThe aim of the article is to emphasize both the importance and position of a new category of persons that influence significantly the success or failure of a project: project leaders. Nowadays, each business process which involves certain objectives, a definite period of time for completion and an estimated budget is assigned as a project. Many business processes and managerial decisions are being transposed into practice by applying project management guidelines. However, in most situations, as shown both in managerial theory and practice, the project management faces a lot of challenges during the project implementation. If they are not correctly managed, we’ll assist to important disfunctionalities either budgetary or time overlapping and, finally, a lack of performance. Even if every project management team is being lead by a project manager, the team that also involves a project leader is much more susceptible to complete a project, without changing its objectives, budget or its deadlines.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Faculty of Management, Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest, Romania in its journal REVIEW OF INTERNATIONAL COMPARATIVE MANAGEMENT.
Volume (Year): 11 (2010)
Issue (Month): 4 (October)
objectives; competitiveness; leadership; project leader; project management.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L21 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Business Objectives of the Firm
- M12 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - Personnel Management; Executives; Executive Compensation
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Carmen I. RACHITA, 2012. "The Management of Practicing Basketball Games in Physical Education and Sports Lessons to Develop Personality," REVISTA DE MANAGEMENT COMPARAT INTERNATIONAL/REVIEW OF INTERNATIONAL COMPARATIVE MANAGEMENT, Faculty of Management, Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 13(1), pages 111-116, March.
- Aurelian Nicolae BIBU & Aurelian Daniela HAS, 2011. "A Management Model of Intercultural Virtual Work Teams," REVISTA DE MANAGEMENT COMPARAT INTERNATIONAL/REVIEW OF INTERNATIONAL COMPARATIVE MANAGEMENT, Faculty of Management, Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 12(6), pages 83-89, December.
- Iulia CHIVU & Oana - Catalina TAPURICA & Florin TACHE, 2011. "Developing Ecologic Spin-Offs: Strategic Option for Achieving Performance in Energy Industries," REVISTA DE MANAGEMENT COMPARAT INTERNATIONAL/REVIEW OF INTERNATIONAL COMPARATIVE MANAGEMENT, Faculty of Management, Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 12(6), pages 179-187, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marian Nastase).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.