Study On Spectators' Perception On Theatre Consumption As Competitive Advantage At Urban Level
AbstractCulture and cultural infrastructure of a city represent in the current economic climate one of the vectors that can contribute to the success of urban development programs, regional, and in many cases, national. Experience shows that the synergy effect acquired by the urban management as a result of encouraging urban competitiveness by supporting cultural competitiveness helps create competition between organizations working in this field. Therefore, studies on resources of generating competitive advantages for cultural organizations have become increasingly interesting and useful. In this context, the study we propose presents the most relevant findings of a questionnaire applied to a representative sample of Odeon Theatre viewers, in Bucharest, one of the most “attended” theatres of the Romanian capital. Using this approach, we tried to update the information regarding the target audience of this theatre, to study the preferences and expectations of the audience related to the shows and programs, and to identify the motivation for choosing the services of the Odeon Theatre. The conclusions provide a consistent informational basis, so that the management of this cultural institution can formulate recommendations for creating and strengthening sustainable competitive advantages.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Faculty of Administration and Public Management, Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest, Romania in its journal Revista de Administratie si Management Public.
Volume (Year): 2012 (2012)
Issue (Month): 18 (June)
Contact details of provider:
urban and regional development; urban competition; culture; cultural organizations; theatrical sector; competitive advantages; audience; Theatre consumption.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L32 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Public Enterprises; Public-Private Enterprises
- L82 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Entertainment; Media
- R00 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General - - - General
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
- Z10 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sorin BURLACU, 2011. "Characteristics of Knowledge-Based Economy and New Technologies in Education," REVISTA ADMINISTRATIE SI MANAGEMENT PUBLIC, Faculty of Administration and Public Management, Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 2011(16), pages 114-119, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Androniceanu Armenia).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.