Inflation, Demand, Import Competition and Markups in Greek Manufacturing Industries
AbstractThis paper explores the extent to which markups of selected Greek manufacturing industries are affected by the high level and variability of the inflation rate using annual industry data from the period 1958-1990. In addition, it is examined whether or not the state of demand, current or future, together with import competition exert any influence on markups. This empirical analysis may shed new light on the theoretical developments in new Keynesian economics that are currently formulated. JEL Classification: B2, C5, D4, E3. Keywords: Market Power, Inflation, Business Cycles, New Keynesian Economics.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Camera di Commercio di Genova in its journal Economia Internazionale / International Economics.
Volume (Year): 52 (1999)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Via Garibaldi 4, 16124 Genova, Italy
Phone: +39 010 27041
Web page: http://www.ge.camcom.it/IT/Tool/Modulistica
Market Power; Inflation; Business Cycles; New Keynesian Economics;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- B20 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - General
- C50 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - General
- D40 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - General
- E30 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Asli Gunay & Kivilcim Metin-Ozcan & Erinc Yeldan, 2005. "Real wages, profit margins and inflation in Turkish manufacturing under post-liberalization," Applied Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 37(16), pages 1899-1905.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Angela Procopio).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.