Estimating the innovations impact on country’s economic welfare
AbstractThe article describes estimating method of innovation impact on welfare of country Applied within the method model represents the translog function for GDP per capita, which describing parameters contain, along with «clas-sic» macro-indicators, innovative development indicators of country Constructed by principal component method innovative development indicators approximate innovativeness of two production factors — labor resources of country and its capital Calculations are based on International Institute for Management Development annual data Implied for several countries’ clusters the model reveals the dependence and the impact of arrangements for in-creasing country’s innovativeness on its welfare
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS" in its journal Applied Econometrics.
Volume (Year): 18 (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://appliedeconometrics.cemi.rssi.ru/
GDP; translog function; innovation; principal component method; pooled model; cluster; test Chow;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E01 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General - - - Measurement and Data on National Income and Product Accounts and Wealth; Environmental Accounts
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
- O31 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
- O32 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jacques Mairesse & Pierre Mohnen, 2002. "Accounting for Innovation and Measuring Innovativeness: An Illustrative Framework and an Application," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(2), pages 226-230, May.
- Christensen, Laurits R & Jorgenson, Dale W & Lau, Lawrence J, 1973. "Transcendental Logarithmic Production Frontiers," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 55(1), pages 28-45, February.
- Айвазян С.А., 2003. "К Методологии Измерения Синтетических Категорий Качества Жизни Населения," Журнал Экономика и математические методы (ЭММ), Центральный Экономико-Математический Институт (ЦЭМИ), vol. 39(2), Ð°Ð¿ÑÐµÐ.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anatoly Peresetsky).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.