A New Appraisal Of The Relationship Between Economic Growth And The Economic Structure
AbstractA country’s potential for economic growth and its propensity for business development have long been associated with economic reshaping or restructuring. The numerous interdependencies that may exist between these phenomena are very difficult to grasp due to their complex nature. Economic growth can be seen as the outcome of various indigenous and exogenous factors that are to some extent interdependent. At a first glance, economic growth can be defined in terms of aggregate gain in productivity and competition, based on technological progress. On the other hand, when defining this process one cannot ignore the importance played by the economic structure and the consequent effects generated.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Romanian-American University in its journal Journal of Information Systems and Operations Management.
Volume (Year): 6 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (May)
economic structure; aggregate economic growth; structural change; real value added; productivity; tertiarization;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Boratav, Korkut & Turel, Oktar & Yeldan, Erinc, 1996. "Dilemmas of structural adjustment and environmental policies under instability: Post-1980 Turkey," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 373-393, February.
- Andreas Dietrich, 2012.
"Does growth cause structural change, or is it the other way around? A dynamic panel data analysis for seven OECD countries,"
Springer, vol. 43(3), pages 915-944, December.
- Andreas Dietrich, 2009. "Does Growth Cause Structural Change, or Is it the Other Way Round? A Dynamic Panel Data Analyses for Seven OECD Countries," Jena Economic Research Papers 2009-034, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Max-Planck-Institute of Economics.
- George Hondroyiannis & Sophia Lazaretou, 2004.
"Inflation Persistence during Periods of Structural Change: An Assessment Using Greek Data,"
13, Bank of Greece.
- George Hondroyiannis & Sophia Lazaretou, 2007. "Inflation persistence during periods of structural change: an assessment using Greek data," Empirica, Springer, vol. 34(5), pages 453-475, December.
- Hondroyiannis, George & Lazaretou, Sophia, 2004. "Inflation persistence during periods of structural change: an assessment using Greek data," Working Paper Series 0370, European Central Bank.
- Aghion, Philippe & Howitt, Peter, 1992.
"A Model of Growth through Creative Destruction,"
Econometric Society, vol. 60(2), pages 323-51, March.
- Aghion, P. & Howitt, P., 1990. "A Model Of Growth Through Creative Destruction," DELTA Working Papers 90-12, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Aghion, P. & Howitt, P., 1989. "A Model Of Growth Through Creative Destruction," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 8904, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Aghion, P. & Howitt, P., 1989. "A Model Of Growth Through Creative Destruction," Working papers 527, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Philippe Aghion & Peter Howitt, 1990. "A Model of Growth Through Creative Destruction," NBER Working Papers 3223, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aghion, Philippe & Howitt, Peter, 1991.
"Growth and Unemployment,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
577, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bhattacharya, Rina, 1997. "Pace, sequencing and credibility of structural reforms," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(7), pages 1045-1061, July.
- Marcel P. Timmer & Gaaitzen J. de Vries, 2009. "Structural change and growth accelerations in Asia and Latin America: a new sectoral data set," Cliometrica, Journal of Historical Economics and Econometric History, Association Française de Cliométrie (AFC), vol. 3(2), pages 165-190, June.
- Tania Georgia Viciu & Antoniu Ovidiu Balint & Carmen Eugenia Costea, 2014. "Quality of life: a multifaceted approach. A review of 'Measuring Equitable and Sustainable Well-being in Italy' by Enrico Giovannini and Tommaso Rondinella," Journal of Economic Development, Environment and People, Alliance of Central-Eastern European Universities, vol. 3(1), pages 5-10, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alex Tabusca).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.