Internationalization as Strategic Change: The Case of Deutsche Treuhand-Gesellschaft
AbstractBuilding on Hinings and Greenwood’s (1988) concept for the explanation of strategic change processes, this paper examines the organizational transformations in the internationalization process of Deutsche Treuhand-Gesellschaft. We identify three archetypes of the international organization of DTG/KPMG, which developed from a correspondent network via an international federal network organization to become a global advisory firm, undergoing various stages of transition, de-coupling and re-orientation. Our analysis (a) provides an in-depth understanding of the longitudinal and contextual character of internationalization as a strategic change process of one of the most prominent international accounting firms with a European origin and (b) contributes to a rapprochement of strategic change and internationalization literatures.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Rainer Hampp Verlag in its journal Management Revue - The international Review of Management Studies.
Volume (Year): 20 (2009)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.hampp-verlag.de/
Postal: Rainer Hampp Verlag, Marktplatz 5, 86415 Mering, Germany
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L20 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - General
- L21 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Business Objectives of the Firm
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
- M10 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - General
- M12 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - Personnel Management; Executive Compensation
- P31 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions - - - Socialist Enterprises and Their Transitions
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rainer Hampp).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.