Inter-Firm Resources and Sustained Competitive Advantage
AbstractResource-oriented perspectives of strategic management are on the way to discovering a topic to which little attention has been paid so far within their own ranks: inter-firm networks. In this article, it is argued that the resource- and competence-based view ? despite its new facet of analysis ? falls back on a traditional firm-focused explanation. Conversely, the relational view, the youngest branch of strategic management, follows completely new explanatory paths. Here, an inter-firm focus is established. Overall, there are two related, but diametrically opposed strategic management approaches, each assigning a different kind of importance to the meaning of competition in the context of analysing cooperative inter-firm relations.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Rainer Hampp Verlag in its journal Management Revue - The international Review of Management Studies.
Volume (Year): 15 (2004)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.hampp-verlag.de/
Postal: Rainer Hampp Verlag, Journals, Marktplatz 5, 86415 Mering, Germany. A subscripton is required to access pdf files. Pay per article is available at
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- J53 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - Labor-Management Relations; Industrial Jurisprudence
- M10 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Moldaschl, Manfred, 2010. "Das Elend des Kompetenzbegriffs: Kompetenzkonstrukte in der aktuellen Unternehmenstheorie," Papers and Preprints of the Department of Innovation Research and Sustainable Resource Management 3/2010, Chemnitz University of Technology, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Jensen, Peter D. Ørberg, 2012. "A passage to India: A dual case study of activities, processes and resources in offshore outsourcing of advanced services," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 311-326.
- Hahn, Rüdiger & Gold, Stefan, 2014. "Resources and governance in “base of the pyramid”-partnerships: Assessing collaborations between businesses and non-business actors," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(7), pages 1321-1333.
- Reuter, Ute, 2011. "Der ressourcenbasierte Ansatz als theoretischer Bezugsrahmen: Grundlagen, Theoriebausteine und Prozessorientierung," Research Papers on Innovation, Services and Technology 3/2011, University of Stuttgart, Institute of Business Administration, Department I - Institute of Research & Development and Innovation Management.
- Reuter, Ute, 2011. "Der relationale ressourcenbasierte Ansatz als Weiterentwicklung des ressourcenbasierten Ansatzes unter Einbezug externer Ressourcen," Research Papers on Innovation, Services and Technology 4/2011, University of Stuttgart, Institute of Business Administration, Department I - Institute of Research & Development and Innovation Management.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rainer Hampp).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.