Management disclosure practices for disaggregated (financial) information in Slovenian unlisted companies
AbstractThe focus of the present study is the management practice of disclosing disaggregated (financial) information in a company’s annual report. In this study, a sample of 232 Slovenian unlisted companies has been examined. The results show that less than a quarter of the companies disclose disaggregated information. Moreover, the multiple regression analysis reveals that the scope of the disclosed disaggregated information is not influenced by the company’s size, financial leverage, profitability or growth, but that only a company’s membership in the construction industry sector is a relevant determinant. Furthermore, additional analysis reveals that the companies’ proprietary information does not influence the management practices regarding which disaggregated information to disclose.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Rainer Hampp Verlag in its journal Journal for East European Management Studies.
Volume (Year): 18 (2013)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.hampp-verlag.de/
Postal: Rainer Hampp Verlag, Journals, Marktplatz 5, 86415 Mering, Germany. A subscripton is required to access pdf files. Pay per article is available at
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
- M14 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - Corporate Culture; Diversity; Social Responsibility
- P30 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions - - - General
- P31 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions - - - Socialist Enterprises and Their Transitions
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rainer Hampp).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.