Futures hedging: Multivariate GARCH with dynamic conditional correlations (in Russian)
AbstractThis article studies modeling dependence between futures and spot prices of financial indices and verifies a practical value of econometric models for futures hedging using Russian and foreign data. The dynamics of futures and spot prices is described by an error correction model, while volatilities and correlations are modeled by various multivariate GARCH models with dynamic conditional correlations of different degree of detail. The empirical investigation carried out in the article can answer questions on effectiveness of hedging strategies based on multivariate GARCH models, on similarities and differences of dependencies between futures and basic assets in Russian and foreign financial markets, and on a reasonable degree of detail in multivariate GARCH modeling.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Quantile in its journal Quantile.
Volume (Year): (2011)
Issue (Month): 9 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://quantile.ru/
futures; hedging; multivariate GARCH models; dynamic conditional correlations;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- C53 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Forecasting and Prediction Models; Simulation Methods
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Habrov, Vladimir, 2012. "Optimization of portfolio management based on vector autoregression models and multivariate volatility models," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 28(4), pages 35-62.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stanislav Anatolyev).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.