Measures of R&D Tax Incentives for OECD Countries
AbstractThis paper outlines tax policy details from 26 OECD countries between 1980 and 2006 and provides a summary quantitative measures of their relative generosity. Separate measures for the after-tax cost of labour, other current expenditure, machinery equipment and buildings and structures are presented and also a measure of tax policy applicable to multinational subsidiaries undertaking R&D on behalf of the parent firm. The purpose of this working paper is to make this data available for other researchers.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Università di Perugia in its journal Review of Economics and Institutions.
Volume (Year): 4 (2013)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
R&D; tax incentives data;
Other versions of this item:
- H25 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Business Taxes and Subsidies
- O31 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bruno Van Pottelsberghe & Dominique Guellec, 2003.
"The impact of public R&D expenditure on business R&D,"
ULB Institutional Repository
2013/6213, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Dominique Guellec & Bruno Van Pottelsberghe De La Potterie, 2003. "The impact of public R&D expenditure on business R&D," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(3), pages 225-243.
- Dominique Guellec & Bruno van Pottelsberghe de la Potterie, 2000. "The Impact of Public R&D Expenditure on Business R&D," OECD Science, Technology and Industry Working Papers 2000/4, OECD Publishing.
- Richardson, M. & Wilkie, S., 1988.
"Incremental R$D Subsidies,"
133, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Public and International Affairs.
- Russell Thomson & Paul H. Jensen, 2010. "The Effects of Public Subsidies on R&D Employment: Evidence from OECD Countries," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2010n11, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Daniel J. Wilson, 2009. "Beggar Thy Neighbor? The In-State, Out-of-State, and Aggregate Effects of R&D Tax Credits," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 91(2), pages 431-436, May.
- Russell Thomson, 2013. "The Effectiveness of R&D Tax Credits: Cross-Industry Evidence," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2013n18, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ubaldo Pizzoli).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.