Relative Price Convergence in Russia
AbstractFollowing price and exchange rate liberalization, domestic consumer prices in Russia moved closer to market levels. This paper quantifies the magnitude of the associated relative price changes. It also shows that relative price variability has been positively correlated with inflation. It is further established that convergence toward international relative and absolute price levels is far from complete, and that geographical price dispersion within Russia has declined since early 1992 but remains fairly high.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Palgrave Macmillan in its journal Staff Papers - International Monetary Fund.
Volume (Year): 43 (1996)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/
Postal: Palgrave Macmillan Journals, Subscription Department, Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG21 6XS, UK
Other versions of this item:
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- P22 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - Prices
- R32 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - Other Production and Pricing Analysis
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Daniel Berkowitz & David N. DeJong, 2002. "Integration: An Empirical Assessment of Russia," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 488, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Daniel Berkowitz & David N. DeJong, 2001.
"The evolution of market integration in Russia,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 9(1), pages 87-104, March.
- Gluschenko, Konstantin, 2002.
"Market Integration in Russia During the Transformation Years,"
116, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- Konstantin Gluschenko, 2003. "Market integration in Russia during the transformation years," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 11(3), pages 411-434, 09.
- Konstantin Gluschenko, 2006. "Price Linkages of Russian Regional Markets," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp839, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Berkowitz, Daniel & DeJong, David N., 1999.
"Russia's internal border,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 633-649, September.
- Konstantin Gluschenko, 2008.
"Goods Market Integration in Russia during the Economic Upturn,"
William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series
wp921, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Konstantin Gluschenko, 2009. "Goods market integration in Russia during the economic upturn," Post-Communist Economies, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 21(2), pages 125-142.
- Liefert, William M., 2005.
"Decomposing Changes in Agricultural Price Gaps,"
14592, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Arnade, Carlos A. & Osborne, Stefan, 2001. "Measurement And Testing For Neutrality Of Foreign Price And Cpi Transmission In Russia," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20625, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Konstantin Gluschenko, 2004. "The Evolution of Cross-Region Price Distribution in Russia," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 2004-716, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Varshavsky Alexander, 1999. "Macroeconomic Aggregate Model for Analysis of Inflation and Stabilization of the Russian Economy," EERC Working Paper Series 97-109e, EERC Research Network, Russia and CIS.
- Berkowitz, Daniel & DeJong, David N., 2011.
"Growth in post-Soviet Russia: A tale of two transitions,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 79(1-2), pages 133-143, June.
- David N. DeJong & Daniel Berkowitz, 2008. "Growth in Post-Soviet Russia: A Tale of Two Transitions," Working Papers 369, University of Pittsburgh, Department of Economics, revised Sep 2008.
- Akhmedjonov, Alisher & Lau, Chi Keung, 2012. "Do energy prices converge across Russian regions?," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 1623-1631.
- Glushchenko Konstantin, 2002.
"Common Russian Market: Myth rather than Reality,"
EERC Working Paper Series
01-11e, EERC Research Network, Russia and CIS.
- Konstantin Gluschenko, 2004. "Analysing changes in market integration through a cross-sectional test for the law of one price," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(2), pages 135-149.
- Daniel Berkowitz & David DeJong & Steven Husted, 1997. "Transition in Russia: It's Happening," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 33, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elizabeth Gale).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.