Evolution of Exchange Rate Regimes
AbstractIssues relating to the evolution of exchange rate regimes are examined. Empirical regularities concerning the variation over time of real and monetary disturbances and cross-country inflation differentials are first discussed. The paper then develops a model that incorporates these regularities and thereby enables exchange rate regime changes to be viewed as optimal and predictable responses by policymakers to a changing economic environment.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Palgrave Macmillan in its journal Staff Papers - International Monetary Fund.
Volume (Year): 36 (1989)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/
Postal: Palgrave Macmillan Journals, Subscription Department, Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG21 6XS, UK
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Paul R. Masson, 2000.
"Exchange Rate Regime Transitions,"
IMF Working Papers, International Monetary Fund
00/134, International Monetary Fund.
- K. Rudgalvis, 1996. "Establishing a new currency and exchange rate determination: the case of Lithuania," CERT Discussion Papers, Centre for Economic Reform and Transformation, Heriot Watt University 9604, Centre for Economic Reform and Transformation, Heriot Watt University.
- E. Grilli, 1999. "Some considerations on the reform of the international monetary and financial system," Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 52(209), pages 195-237.
- E. Grilli, 1999. "Some considerations on the reform of the international monetary and financial system," BNL Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 52(209), pages 195-237.
- Cavallari, Lilia & Corsetti, Giancarlo, 2000. "Shadow rates and multiple equilibria in the theory of currency crises," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 275-286, August.
- Ozkan, F. Gulcin & Sutherland, Alan, 1998.
"A currency crisis model with an optimising policymaker,"
Journal of International Economics, Elsevier,
Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 339-364, April.
- Gulcin Ozkan & Alan Sutherland, . "A Currency Crisis Model with an Optimising Policymaker," Discussion Papers, Department of Economics, University of York 96/11, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Sergio Rebelo & Carlos A. Vegh, 2006. "When Is It Optimal to Abandon a Fixed Exchange Rate?," NBER Working Papers 12793, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elizabeth Gale).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.