Comparative Statics Under Multiple Sources of Risk with Applications to Insurance Demand
AbstractIn this paper we propose an answer to the following problem of comparative statics in models with multiple sources of risk: How a risk averse agent will change his coinsurance demand when the distribution of the insurable loss is shifted? To answer the question, we first comment on Jack Meyer's results and then we show how an alternate approach leads to more definitive comparative statics. The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance Theory (1992) 17, 21–33. doi:10.1007/BF00941955
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Palgrave Macmillan in its journal The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance Theory.
Volume (Year): 17 (1992)
Issue (Month): 1 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/
Postal: Palgrave Macmillan Journals, Subscription Department, Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG21 6XS, UK
Other versions of this item:
- Dionne, G. & Gollier, C., 1991. "Comparative Statics Under Multiple Sources of Risk with Appllications to Insurance Demand," Cahiers de recherche 9133, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Dionne, G. & Gollier, C., 1991. "Comparative Statics Under Multiple Sources of Risk with Appllications to Insurance Demand," Cahiers de recherche 9133, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Suyeol Ryu & Iltae Kim, 2005. "Portfolio Choice for Increases in Risk and Prudence Revisited," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 86(3), pages 293-300, December.
- Gollier, Christian & Schlesinger, Harris, 2002.
"Changes in risk and asset prices,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 747-760, May.
- CHIU, W. Henry & EECKHOUDT, Louis & REY, Béatrice, .
"On relative and partial risk attitudes: theory and implications,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-2431, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- W. Chiu & Louis Eeckhoudt & Beatrice Rey, 2012. "On relative and partial risk attitudes: theory and implications," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 50(1), pages 151-167, May.
- Guiso, Luigi & Jappelli, Tullio, 1996.
"Background Uncertainty and the Demand for Insurance Against Insurable Risks,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1423, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Luigi Guiso & Tullio Jappelli, 1998. "Background Uncertainty and the Demand for Insurance Against Insurable Risks," The Geneva Risk and Insurance Review, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 23(1), pages 7-27, June.
- Guiso, L. & Jappelli, T., 1996. "Background UNcertainty and the Demand for Insurance Against Insurable Risks," Papers 284, Banca Italia - Servizio di Studi.
- Luigi Guiso & Tullio Jappelli, 1998. "Background Uuncertainty and the Demand for Insurance against Insurable Risks," CSEF Working Papers 02, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Alain Chateauneuf & Ghizlane Lakhnati, 2005. "Increases in risk and demand for risky asset," Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques b05033, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Gollier, Christian, 2009.
"Portfolio Choices and Asset Prices: The Comparative Statics of Ambiguity Aversion,"
TSE Working Papers
09-068, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Christian Gollier, 2011. "Portfolio Choices and Asset Prices: The Comparative Statics of Ambiguity Aversion," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 78(4), pages 1329-1344.
- Gollier, Christian, 2009. "Portfolio Choices and Asset Prices: The Comparative Statics of Ambiguity Aversion," IDEI Working Papers 357, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse, revised 2011.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elizabeth Gale).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.