Cross-listing and Firm Growth
AbstractExtant research posits that cross-listing improves firms' access to lower cost external financing. But so far, there is scarce evidence that improved access to external funds through cross-listing contributes to higher firm growth. Documenting the relation between firm growth and cross-listing is critical because the presumption in prior research is that funds raised via cross-listing will be channeled towards potentially profitable projects. Using a sample of firms from thirty-seven countries that are cross-listed in the USA, we find a positive association between cross-listing and subsequent externally financed firm growth rates. However, we do not find that increases in externally financed firm growth after cross-listing vary systematically as a function of the home-country attributes of the cross-listed firms. Overall, our results provide new and direct evidence on the impact of cross-listing on the firm growth rates. Copyright 2008, Oxford University Press.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by European Finance Association in its journal Review of Finance.
Volume (Year): 12 (2008)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thomas O'Connor & Thomas Flavin, 2013.
"The Effects of Ownership Structure on Corporate Financing Decisions: Evidence from Stock Market Liberalization,"
International Review of Finance,
International Review of Finance Ltd., vol. 13(3), pages 383-405, 09.
- Thomas Flavin & Thomas O'Connor, 2013. "The effects of ownership structure on corporate financing decisions: Evidence from stock market liberalization," Economics, Finance and Accounting Department Working Paper Series n235-13.pdf, Department of Economics, Finance and Accounting, National University of Ireland - Maynooth.
- Thomas O'Connor, 2014.
"Legal bonding, investor recognition, and cross-listing premia in emerging markets,"
International Journal of Accounting and Finance,
Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 4(3), pages 209-239.
- Thomas O'Connor, 2012. "Legal bonding, investor recognition, and cross-listing premia in emerging markets," Economics, Finance and Accounting Department Working Paper Series n226-12.pdf, Department of Economics, Finance and Accounting, National University of Ireland - Maynooth.
- Thomas J. Flavin & Thomas O'Connor, 2009.
"The sequencing of stock market liberalization events and corporate financing decisions,"
Economics, Finance and Accounting Department Working Paper Series
n2021009.pdf, Department of Economics, Finance and Accounting, National University of Ireland - Maynooth.
- Flavin, Thomas & O'Connor, Thomas, 2010. "The sequencing of stock market liberalization events and corporate financing decisions," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 183-204, September.
- Foucault, Thierry & Frésard, Laurent, 2011.
"Cross-Listing, Investment Sensitivity to Stock Price and the Learning Hypothesis,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
8331, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Thierry Foucault & Laurent Frésard, 2012. "Cross-Listing, Investment Sensitivity to Stock Price, and the Learning Hypothesis," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 25(11), pages 3305-3350.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.