Realignment probabilities and reputation effects in the EMS
AbstractThis paper examines the existence of reputation effects in the EMS and their impact on the probability of realignment. By reputation effects we mean effects which, controlling for all other determinants of realignment, reduce the probability of realignment simply because the monetary authorities have avoided realignment in the past. Our results provide support for the idea that realignments are dependent on macroeconomic conditions, as suggested by theory, and hence a country's participation in a target zone system could become more credible if macroeconomic conditions are improved. There is less evidence, however, of an independent role for reputation effects. Copyright 2003, Oxford University Press.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Oxford University Press in its journal Oxford Economic Papers.
Volume (Year): 55 (2003)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://oep.oupjournals.org/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Heather D Gibson & Euclid Tsakalotos, 2003.
"Capital Flows and Speculative Attacks in Prospective EU Member States,"
06, Bank of Greece.
- Heather D. Gibson & Euclid Tsakalotos, 2004. "Capital flows and speculative attacks in prospective EU member states," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 12(3), pages 559-586, 09.
- Heather D. Gibson & Thomas Vlassopoulo, 2007.
"Capital Folws, capital account liberalisation and the southern Mediterranean countries,"
BNL Quarterly Review,
Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 60(241), pages 137-165.
- Heather D. Gibson & Thomas Vlassopoulo, 2007. "Capital Folws, capital account liberalisation and the southern Mediterranean countries," Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 60(241), pages 137-165.
- Tassos Anastasatos & Constantina Manou, 2008. "Speculative Attacks on the Drachma and the Changeover to the Euro," Economic Bulletin, Bank of Greece, Economic Research Department, issue 31, pages 49-77, November.
- Heather D. Gibson & Nicholas T. Tsaveas & Thomas Vlassopoulos, 2006. "Capital Flows, Capital Account Liberalisation and the Mediterranean Countries," Working Papers 33, Bank of Greece.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.