Experimental Results on Bargaining Under Alternative Property Rights Regimes
AbstractThe effect of alternative property rights regimes on the choice between taking an object and acquiring it via a consensual exchange is experimentally explored in a two-period screening game. Results are generally consistent with equilibrium predictions, suggesting that property rights regimes have a significant impact on observed behavior. Copyright 2000 by Oxford University Press.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Oxford University Press in its journal Journal of Law, Economics and Organization.
Volume (Year): 16 (2000)
Issue (Month): 1 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://jleo.oupjournals.org/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gaechter,S. & Riedl,A., 2002.
"Moral property rights in bargaining,"
330, Bielefeld University, Center for Mathematical Economics.
- Sloof, Randolph & Oosterbeek, Hessel & Riedl, Arno & Sonnemans, Joep, 2006.
"Breach remedies, reliance and renegotiation,"
International Review of Law and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 263-296, September.
- Sloof, Randolph & Oosterbeek, Hessel & Riedl, Arno & Sonnermans, Joep, 2006. "Breach remedies, reliance and renegotiation," Open Access publications from Maastricht University urn:nbn:nl:ui:27-16448, Maastricht University.
- Steven Shavell, 2005. "Liability for Accidents," NBER Working Papers 11781, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Garrouste, Pierre, 2008. "The Handbook of New Institutional Economics, C. Ménard, M.M. Shirley (Eds.), Springer, Dordrecht, The Netherlands. 2005, 884Â +Â xi pp., $199.00, index, ISBN: 10 1-4020-2687-0," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 532-536, August.
- Simon Gächter & Arno Riedl, 2005.
"Moral Property Rights in Bargaining with Infeasible Claims,"
INFORMS, vol. 51(2), pages 249-263, February.
- Gachter, Simon & Riedl, Arno, 2005. "Moral property rights in bargaining with infeasible claims," Open Access publications from Maastricht University urn:nbn:nl:ui:27-16453, Maastricht University.
- Simon G�chter & Arno Riedl, 2003. "Moral Property Rights in Bargaining with Infeasible Claims," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 03-055/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Christoph Engel & Michael Kurschilgen, 2011. "The Coevolution of Behavior and Normative Expectations. Customary Law in the Lab," Working Paper Series of the Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods 2011_32, Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods.
- Christoph Engel & Heike Hennig-Schmidt & Bernd Irlenbusch & Sebastian Kube, 2009. "On Probation. An Experimental Analysis," Working Paper Series of the Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods 2009_38, Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.