The Theory of Contested Markets and the Degree of Tradedness of Agricultural Commodities: An Empirical Test in Zaire
AbstractThe theory of contestable markets is used to derive predictions of the extent to which agricultural commodities behave as traded or non-traded goods. These predictions are confirmed with Zairian data which show that there is wide variation in the response of domestic commodity prices to real exchange rate changes. Copyright 1994 by Oxford University Press.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE) in its journal Journal of African Economies.
Volume (Year): 3 (1994)
Issue (Month): 1 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Phone: +44-(0)1865 271084
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://www.jae.oupjournals.org/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christopher Delgado & Nicholas Minot & Marites Tiongco, 2005. "Evidence and Implications of Non-Tradability of Food Staples in Tanzania 1983-98," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(3), pages 376-393.
- Delgado, Christopher L. & Hopkins, Jane & Kelly , Valerie & Hazell, P. B. R. & McKenna, Anna A. & Gruhn, Peter & Hojjati, Behjat & Sil, Jayashree & Courbois, Claude, 1998. "Agricultural growth linkages in Sub-Saharan Africa:," Research reports 107, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Delgado, Christopher L. & Minot, Nicholas & Tiongco, Marites M., 2003.
"Evidence And Implications Of Non-Tradability Of Food Staples In Tanzania 1983-1998,"
2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada
22102, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Delgado, Christopher & Minot, Nicholas & Tiongco, Marites, 2004. "Evidence and implications of non-tradability of food staples in Tanzania 1983-1998," MTID discussion papers 72, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Delgado, Christopher L., 1995. "Agricultural diversification and export promotion in sub-Saharan Africa," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 225-243, June.
- Escobal, Javier, 2005. "The Role of Public Infraestructure in Market Development in Rural Peru," MPRA Paper 727, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.