Supply Response and Dynamic Factor Demand of Dutch Dairy Farms
AbstractA dynamic equation system of factor demand, based on the adjustment cost hypothesis, is estimated using an incomplete panel of Dutch dairy farms. An instrumental variable estimator is used, based on first differences of the variables. The theoretical framework fits the data well. Investments are sensitive to price changes and technical change. Partly as a result of this, the influence of technical change on the demand for the variable input, the output supply and the demand for capital is important. However, the price elasticities of the output and the variable input are small, even in the long-run. Copyright 1994 by Oxford University Press.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics in its journal European Review of Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 21 (1994)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://www.erae.oupjournals.org/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Frechette, Darren L., 1999. "The Supply Of Storage Under Heterogeneous Expectations," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 31(03), December.
- Petrick, Matin & Kloss, Mathias, 2013. "Identifying Factor Productivity from Micro-data: The case of EU agriculture," Factor Markets Working Papers 144, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Petrick, Martin & Kloss, Mathias, 2013. "Identifying Factor Productivity by Dynamic Panel Data and Control Function Approaches: A Comparative Evaluation for EU Agriculture," 53rd Annual Conference, Berlin, Germany, September 25-27, 2013 156104, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- Gardebroek, Cornelis & Oude Lansink, Alfons G.J.M., 2008. "Dynamic Microeconometric Approaches To Analysing Agricultural Policy," 107th Seminar, January 30-February 1, 2008, Sevilla, Spain 6592, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Ankarhem, Mattias, 2005. "Effects of Increased Demand for Biofuels: A Dynamic Model of the Swedish Forest Sector," UmeÃ¥ Economic Studies 658, Umeå University, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.