Price Adjustment and Land Valuation in the Soviet Agricultural Reform: A View Using Lithuanian Farm Data
AbstractChanges in land tenure in the U.S.S.R. require that agricultural producers pay for land use. The current distorted pricing system, plus the absence of functioning land markets, complicate land valuation and slow adoption of new property relations. In a well-functioning market economy, agricultural land would earn its marginal value product in agricultural production. This value can be measured empirically from production data and can serve as an appropriate initial value for users' fees. Copyright 1991 by Oxford University Press.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics in its journal European Review of Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 18 (1991)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://www.erae.oupjournals.org/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Drescher, Klaus & Henderson, Jason R. & McNamara, Kevin T., 2001. "Farmland Price Determinants," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20685, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Svrznjak, Kristina & Franic, Ramona, 2012. "Developing Agrarian Structure Through The Disposal Of State-Owned Agricultural Land In Croatia," 132nd Seminar, October 25-27, 2012, Skopje, Republic of Macedonia 139502, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Drescher, Klaus & McNamara, Kevin T., 1999. "Determinants of German farmland prices," ERSA conference papers ersa99pa043, European Regional Science Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.