Developing Agrarian Structure Through The Disposal Of State-Owned Agricultural Land In Croatia
AbstractThe paper analyzes the disposal of state-owned agricultural land in the Republic of Croatia in comparison with the countries of Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) that went through similar agrarian reforms. There are 890,214 ha of state-owned agricultural land in Croatia. The data shows that Croatia has not managed to accomplish the goals set by Programs for the disposal of state-owned agricultural land and only 20.6% of the state-owned agricultural land is offered for disposal by public tenders (sales, lease, concession, return and other purposes), similar to CEE. Therefore, the disposal of stateowned agricultural land is primarily important for the consolidation of farms and increasing their current average size.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by European Association of Agricultural Economists in its series 132nd Seminar, October 25-27, 2012, Skopje, Republic of Macedonia with number 139502.
Date of creation: 25 Oct 2012
Date of revision:
state-owned agricultural land; state-owned land disposal; agricultural land consolidation; Land Economics/Use;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2013-01-07 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2013-01-07 (All new papers)
- NEP-TRA-2013-01-07 (Transition Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Csaki, S. & Nash, J., 1998. "The Agrarian Economies of Central and Eastern Europe and the Commonwealth of Independent States. Situation and Perspectives, 1997," World Bank - Discussion Papers 387, World Bank.
- Brooks, Karen, 1991. "Price Adjustment and Land Valuation in the Soviet Agricultural Reform: A View Using Lithuanian Farm Data," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 18(1), pages 19-36.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.