Hedonics and Demand Analysis: The Implicit Demand for Player Attributes
AbstractAlthough a significant econometric literature is concerned with the implicit demand for the attributes of differentiated goods in hedonic pricing models, the literature has developed independently of modern econometric demand analysis. This study estimates factor demand systems using data on player characteristics employed by Major League Baseball teams and associated estimated hedonic prices. It is found that the implicit demand for player attributes by teams is largely consistent with the predictions of the neoclassical theory of the firm, in contrast to the results often obtained by empirical demand studies using conventional data sets. Copyright 1998 by Oxford University Press.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Western Economic Association International in its journal Economic Inquiry.
Volume (Year): 36 (1998)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://ei.oupjournals.org/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kenneth G. Stewart & J. C. H. Jones, 2005.
"Are Sports Teams Multi-Product Firms?,"
Econometrics Working Papers
0513, Department of Economics, University of Victoria.
- Kenneth Stewart, 2009.
"Non-jointness and scope economies in the multiproduct symmetric generalized McFadden cost function,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 32(3), pages 161-171, December.
- Kenneth G. Stewart, 2007. "Nonjointness and Scope Economies in the Multiproduct Symmetric Generalized McFadden Cost Function," Econometrics Working Papers 0709, Department of Economics, University of Victoria.
- Kristofersson, Dadi & Rickertsen, Kyrre, 2003.
"Efficient Estimation Of Hedonic Inverse Input Demand Systems,"
2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada
21926, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Dadi Kristofersson & Kyrre Rickertsen, 2004. "Efficient Estimation of Hedonic Inverse Input Demand Systems," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 86(4), pages 1127-1137.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.