Competitive Industry Equilibrium under Uncertainty and Free Entry
AbstractThis paper investigates the properties of industry equilibrium under pric e uncertainty given free entry and exit. For any form of risk-averse behavior, it is shown that an increase in demand uncertainty (as meas ured by a mean-preserving spread) increases mean output price and red uces output of firms in long-run equilibrium. Copyright 1988 by Oxford University Press.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Western Economic Association International in its journal Economic Inquiry.
Volume (Year): 26 (1988)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://ei.oupjournals.org/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Appelbaum, Elie & Lim, Chin, 1982. "Long-run industry equilibrium with uncertainty," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 139-145.
- Amresh Hanchate, 1996. "Nonprofit pricing of services under cost uncertainty," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 133-144, June.
- Haruna, Shoji, 1996. "Industry equilibrium, uncertainty, and futures markets," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 53-70.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.