Hodgson on Hayek: A Critique
AbstractIn his book Economics and Evolution, Geoffrey Hodgson offers a detailed critique of F. A. Hayek's writings on cultural evolution. Certain aspects of Hodgson's treatment appear to be inaccurate. This paper criticises Hodgson's critique. Copyright 2001 by Oxford University Press.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Oxford University Press in its journal Cambridge Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 25 (2001)
Issue (Month): 4 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://www.cje.oupjournals.org/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alain Marciano, 2007.
"Economists on Darwin's theory of social evolution and human behaviour,"
The European Journal of the History of Economic Thought,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(4), pages 681-700.
- A. Marciano, 2006. "Economists on Darwin's theory of social evolution and human behaviour," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2005-21, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Barbara Dluhosch & Stefanie Krause, 2013. "Diversity and the disinterest in trade liberalization: on the prospects of self-enforcing cooperation," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 23(2), pages 455-475, April.
- Gedeon, Péter, 2007.
"Piaci rend és társadalmi normák. Hayek elmélete a társadalmi evolúcióról
[Market order and social norms. Hayeks theory of social evolution]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(1), pages 1-28.
- Alain Marciano, 2007. "Hayek’s theory of social evolution in the light of Darwin’s Descent of Man," ICER Working Papers 04-2007, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.