Strato-inflation and High Inflation: The Brazilian Experience
AbstractIn the 1970s, a seminal study of inflationary dynamics was published by D. Jackson, H. Turner, and F. Wilkinson of the Department of Applied Economics at Cambridge University. In that study, they observed that besides equilibrium inflationary regimes, one could also identify a new regime called 'strato-inflation,' in which behaviors and institutions were affected by inflation in a fundamental way. This paper examines the notion of strato-inflation and compares it with the alternative notion of a high inflation regime. These concepts are then applied to the analysis of recent Brazilian experience. (c) 1993 Academic Press, Inc. Copyright 1993 by Oxford University Press.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Oxford University Press in its journal Cambridge Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 17 (1993)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://www.cje.oupjournals.org/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- A. Saad-Filho, 1998. "Currency Stabilisation under Conditions of International Capital Mobility: The Case of Brazil," CIBS Research Papers in International Business 13-98, London South Bank University CIBS.
- Fernando J. Cardim de Carvalho, 2000.
"New competitive strategies of foreign banks in large emerging economies: the case of Brazil,"
BNL Quarterly Review,
Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 53(213), pages 135-169.
- Fernando J. Cardim de Carvalho, 2000. "New competitive strategies of foreign banks in large emerging economies: the case of Brazil," Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 53(213), pages 135-169.
- Matias Vernengo, 2003. "Balance of Payments Constraint and Inflation," Working Paper Series, Department of Economics, University of Utah 2003_06, University of Utah, Department of Economics.
- Matias Vernengo, 2005. "Money and Inflation: A Taxonomy," Working Paper Series, Department of Economics, University of Utah 2005_14, University of Utah, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.