Coincident and Leading Indicators of Manufacturing Industry
AbstractThe Swiss Institute for Business Cycle Research regularly conducts business tendency surveys (BTS) amongst manufacturing firms. The information thus generated is available with a publication lead to the official Swiss sales, production, order and inventory statistics. It is shown that the survey data can be used to generate reasonably precise estimates of the reference series with leads of at least one quarter. Specifically, cross-correlations of quarterly series are computed to screen the data for pairs of highly correlated business tendency survey series and corresponding official statistics. All pairs are identified where the maximum correlation shows up simultaneously or with a lead of the survey based series and exceeds a given threshold...
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by OECD Publishing,CIRET in its journal Journal of Business Cycle Measurement and Analysis.
Volume (Year): 2004 (2004)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Composite business cycle indicators; Principal components;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Boriss Siliverstovs, 2010. "Assessing Predictive Content of the KOF Barometer in Real Time," KOF Working papers 10-249, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Jan Jacobs & Jan-Egbert Sturm, 2008.
"The information content of KOF indicators on Swiss current account data revisions,"
OECD Journal: Journal of Business Cycle Measurement and Analysis,
OECD Publishing,CIRET, vol. 2008(2), pages 161-181.
- Jan Jacobs & Jan-Egbert Sturm, 2008. "The Information Content of KOF Indicators on Swiss Current Account Data Revisions," CESifo Working Paper Series 2370, CESifo Group Munich.
- Jan P.A.M. Jacobs & Sturm Jan-Egbert, 2008. "The information content of KOF indicators on Swiss current account data revisions," KOF Working papers 08-202, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Michael Graff, 2004. "Estimates of the output gap in real time: how well have we been doing?," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Discussion Paper Series DP 2004/04, Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
- Michael Graff, 2008. "Ein Stimmungsindikator für das Schweizer Kreditgewerbe," KOF Analysen, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich, vol. 2(1), pages 59-70, March.
- Richard Etter & Sibylle Gübeli & Franz-Josef Klein, 2004. "Mitlaufende und vorlaufende Indikatoren des Bruttoinlandprodukts der EU insgesamt* : Analyse mit vollständigen Daten, welche einmalig vom DG ECFIN zur Verfügung gestellt wurden," KOF Working papers 04-92, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Michael Graff, 2006.
"Ein multisektoraler Sammelindikator für die Schweizer Konjunktur,"
Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES),
Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 142(IV), pages 529â577, December.
- Michael Graff, 2005. "Ein multisektoraler Sammelindikator für die Schweizer Konjunktur," KOF Working papers 05-107, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.