Ageing and the payout phase of pensions, annuities and financial markets
AbstractThis paper reviews the impact of ageing on private pensions, in particular on the payout phase, assesses the part that annuities can play in financing retirement, and examines the role of financial markets in facilitating the allocation of assets accumulated in defined contribution pension plans. A comprehensive set of recommendations for consideration is provided at the end of the paper.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by OECD Publishing in its journal OECD Journal: Financial Market Trends.
Volume (Year): 2008 (2008)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Other versions of this item:
- Pablo Antolín, 2008. "Ageing and the Payout Phase of Pensions, Annuities and Financial Markets," OECD Working Papers on Insurance and Private Pensions 29, OECD Publishing.
- D11 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Theory
- D14 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Household Saving; Personal Finance
- D91 - Microeconomics - - Intertemporal Choice - - - Intertemporal Household Choice; Life Cycle Models and Saving
- E21 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Consumption; Saving; Wealth
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G38 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- J - Labor and Demographic Economics
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Roy, Amlan, 2012. "Innovative Approaches to Managing Longevity Risk in Asia: Lessons from the West," ADBI Working Papers 353, Asian Development Bank Institute.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.