Outcast Condition in the Choice Theory
AbstractIn the paper we give two characterizations of choice functions satisfying the outcast condition. The first one is given in order terms, and the second (algebraic) one is given in terms of an operation on the set of stable menus. We investigate implications of associativity of the operation as well as of other strengthenings of the outcast axioms.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by New Economic Association in its journal Journal of the New Economic Association.
Volume (Year): 13 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Nakhimovsky prospekt, 32, Office 1115, 117218 Moscow Russia
Phone: +7 495 7189855
Fax: +7 495 7189855
Web page: http://www.econorus.org/english.phtml
More information through EDIRC
choice function; heritage condition; concordance condition; associativity; path independence;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D71 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Social Choice; Clubs; Committees; Associations
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Koshevoy, Gleb A., 1999. "Choice functions and abstract convex geometries," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 35-44, July.
- Danilov, V. & Koshevoy, G., 2005. "Mathematics of Plott choice functions," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 245-272, May.
- Plott, Charles R, 1973. "Path Independence, Rationality, and Social Choice," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(6), pages 1075-91, November.
- Bernard Monjardet & Vololonirina Raderanirina, 2004.
"Lattices of choice functions and consensus problems,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer, vol. 23(3), pages 349-382, December.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00203346 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alexey Tcharykov).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.