A Model of Balance of Payments Equilibrium Exchange Rate
AbstractIn this article we present the balance of payments equilibrium exchange rate model and its empirical application to the Polish zloty. Results of the estimation indicate that in 1995-99 the zloty was not misaligned, while in 2000-2001 it was overvalued by about 10-15 percent, and, after considerable depreciation in 2002, it returned to the equilibrium level.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by M.E. Sharpe, Inc. in its journal Eastern European Economics.
Volume (Year): 42 (2004)
Issue (Month): 3 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://mesharpe.metapress.com/link.asp?target=journal&id=106044
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Martin Melecký & Luboš Komárek, 2007.
"The Behavioral Equilibrium Exchange Rate of the Czech Koruna,"
Transition Studies Review,
Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 105-121, May.
- Lubos Komarek & Martin Melecky, 2005. "The Behavioural Equilibrium Exchange Rate of the Czech Koruna," Working Papers 2005/05, Czech National Bank, Research Department.
- Martin Melecky & Lubos Komarek, 2005. "The Behavioral Equilibrium Exchange Rate of the Czech Koruna," International Finance 0504010, EconWPA.
- Horvath, Roman & Komarek, Lubos, 2006. "Equilibrium Exchange Rates in EU New Members: Applicable for Setting the ERM II Central Parity?," MPRA Paper 1180, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Przystupa, Jan, 2009. "Approaching a problem of the long-run real equilibrium exchange rate of Polish zloty while entering the ERM-2 and Euro zone," MPRA Paper 19549, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kębłowski, Piotr & Welfe, Aleksander, 2012.
"A risk-driven approach to exchange rate modelling,"
Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 1473-1482.
- Keblowski, Piotr & Welfe, Aleksander, 2010. "Estimation of the equilibrium exchange rate: The CHEER approach," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(7), pages 1385-1397, November.
- Égert, Balázs, 2004. "Assessing equilibrium exchange rates in CEE acceding countries: Can we have DEER with BEER without FEER? A critical survey of the literature," BOFIT Discussion Papers 1/2004, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Nguyen).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.