Asset Poverty in the United States, 1984-1999
AbstractAssets in the United States are distributed even more unequally than income, though they can be vital to an individual's standard of living. The authors present a comprehensive assessment of the distribution of assets in the United States and calculate an asset poverty line below which an individual cannot meet his or her basic needs.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by M.E. Sharpe, Inc. in its journal Challenge.
Volume (Year): 47 (2004)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://mesharpe.metapress.com/link.asp?target=journal&id=106043
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Edward N. Wolff & Ajit Zacharias & Asena Caner, 2003.
"Household Wealth, Public Consumption, and Economic Well-Being in the United States,"
Public Economics, EconWPA
- Edward N. Wolff & Ajit Zacharias & Asena Caner, 2005. "Household wealth, public consumption and economic well-being in the United States," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, Oxford University Press, vol. 29(6), pages 1073-1090, November.
- Edward N. Wolff & Ajit Zacharias & Asena Caner, 2003. "Household Wealth, Public Consumption and Economic Well-Being in the United States," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_386, Levy Economics Institute.
- Florin Bilbiie & Roland Straub, 2006.
"Asset Market Participation, Monetary Policy Rules, and the Great Inflation,"
IMF Working Papers
06/200, International Monetary Fund.
- Florin O. Bilbiie & Roland Straub, 2013. "Asset Market Participation, Monetary Policy Rules, and the Great Inflation," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 95(2), pages 377-392, May.
- Bilbiie, Florin Ovidiu & Straub, Roland, 2011. "Asset Market Participation, Monetary Policy Rules and the Great Inflation," CEPR Discussion Papers, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers 8555, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bilbiie, Florin O. & Straub, Roland, 2012. "Asset market participation, monetary policy rules and the great inflation," Working Paper Series, European Central Bank 1438, European Central Bank.
- Francisco Azpitarte, 2010. "Measuring poverty using both income and wealth: A cross-country comparison between the U.S. and Spain," Working Papers 153, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Florin Bilbiie & Roland Straub, 2012.
"Changes in the Output Euler Equation and Asset Markets Participation,"
UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers)
- Bilbiie, Florin O. & Straub, Roland, 2012. "Changes in the output Euler equation and asset markets participation," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 1659-1672.
- Francisco Azpitarte, 2008. "Measurement and Identification of Asset-Poor Households: A Cross-National Comparison of Spain and the United Kingdom," Working Papers 105, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Nguyen).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.