Output, Prices, and the Velocity of Money in Search Equilibrium
AbstractA monetary-search model with match specific preferences and traded quantities is analyzed to assess how aggregate output, the price level, and the velocity of money are affected by various forms of technological change. Changes in the productive technology lead to output and prices moving in opposite directions but provide no prediction for monetary velocity. The matching technology directly affects monetary velocity and output but has little impact on prices. Transactions technologies, which affect the fixed cost of trading, are ambiguous with respect to comovements of output and prices but systematically impact velocity.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Blackwell Publishing in its journal Journal of Money, Credit and Banking.
Volume (Year): 35 (2003)
Issue (Month): 6 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0022-2879
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mei Dong & Janet Hua Jiang, 2011.
"Money and Price Posting under Private Information,"
11-22, Bank of Canada.
- Guillaume Rocheteau & Randall Wright, 2003.
"Money in Search Equilibrium, in Competitive Equilibrium, and in Competitive Search Equilibrium,"
PIER Working Paper Archive
03-031, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- Guillaume Rocheteau & Randall Wright, 2005. "Money in Search Equilibrium, in Competitive Equilibrium, and in Competitive Search Equilibrium," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 73(1), pages 175-202, 01.
- Randall Wright & Guillame Rocheteau, 2003. "Money in Search Equilibrium, in Competitive Equilibrium, and in Competitive Search Equilibrium," Levine's Bibliography 666156000000000302, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Guillaume Rocheteau & Randall Wright, 2004. "Money in search equilibrium, in competitive equilibrium, and in competitive search equilibrium," Working Paper 0405, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Curtis, Elisabeth & Wright, Randall, 2004.
"Price setting, price dispersion, and the value of money: or, the law of two prices,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 51(8), pages 1599-1621, November.
- Elisabeth Curtis & Randall Wright, 2002. "Price setting, price dispersion, and the value of money - or - The law of two prices," Working Paper 0209, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Adrian Masters, 2010. "Money in a Model of Prior Production and Imperfectly Directed Search," Discussion Papers 10-11, University at Albany, SUNY, Department of Economics.
- International Monetary Fund, 2005. "Alternative Models of Wage Dispersion," IMF Working Papers 05/64, International Monetary Fund.
- Gaumont D. & Schindler M. & Wright R., 2005.
"“Alternative Theories of Wage Dispersion”,"
Working Papers ERMES
0505, ERMES, University Paris 2.
- Peter Rupert & Martin Schindler & Andrei Shevchenko & Randall Wright, 2000. "The search-theoretic approach to monetary economics: a primer," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Q IV, pages 10-28.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.