The Effects of Money Announcements under Alternative Monetary Control Procedures
AbstractThe response of interest rates to money announcement surprises is theoretically exam ined in this paper. In the models developed, not only changes in oper ating procedures, but also reserve-requirement systems, are found to potentially affect the response. The response also varies depending o n the desired degree of monetary control. Moreover, under the current two-week contemporaneous reserve requirements adopted in February 19 84, the responses in the first and second weeks of the two-week reser ve maintenance period may differ. Previous empirical results conform to the predictions of the theoretical models. Copyright 1987 by Ohio State University Press.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Blackwell Publishing in its journal Journal of Money, Credit and Banking.
Volume (Year): 19 (1987)
Issue (Month): 3 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0022-2879
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Takatoshi Ito & V. Vance Roley, 1988.
"Intraday yen/dollar exchange rate movements: news or noise?,"
Research Working Paper
88-07, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Takatoshi Ito & V. Vance Roley, 1991. "Intraday Yen/Dollar Exchange Rate Movements: News or Noise?," NBER Working Papers 2703, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- William C. Melton & V. Vance Roley, 1991. "Federal Reserve Behavior Since 1980: A Financial Markets Perspective," NBER Working Papers 2608, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Valente, Giorgio, 2009. "International interest rates and US monetary policy announcements: Evidence from Hong Kong and Singapore," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 920-940, October.
- Vilasuso, Jon, 1999. "The Liquidity Effect and the Operating Procedure of the Federal Reserve," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 443-461, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.