The Liquidity Effect and the Operating Procedure of the Federal Reserve
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Macroeconomics.
Volume (Year): 21 (1999)
Issue (Month): 3 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622617
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Roley, V Vance, 1987. "The Effects of Money Announcements under Alternative Monetary Control Procedures," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 19(3), pages 292-307, August.
- H. Robert Heller, 1988. "Implementing monetary policy," Federal Reserve Bulletin, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), issue Jul, pages 419-429.
- Robert L. Hetzel, 1982. "The October 1979 regime of monetary control and the behavior of the money supply in 1980," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Jul, pages 3-15.
- Cagan, Phillip & Gandolfi, Arthur, 1969. "The Lag in Monetary Policy as Implied by the Time Pattern of Monetary Effects on Interest Rates," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(2), pages 277-84, May.
- Peek, Joe & Wilcox, James A, 1987. "Monetary Policy Regimes and the Reduced Form for Interest Rates," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 19(3), pages 273-91, August.
- Andrews, Donald W K, 1991.
"Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimation,"
Econometric Society, vol. 59(3), pages 817-58, May.
- Donald W.K. Andrews, 1988. "Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimation," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 877R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Jul 1989.
- de Lima, Pedro J. F., 1997. "On the robustness of nonlinearity tests to moment condition failure," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 76(1-2), pages 251-280.
- Strongin, Steven, 1995. "The identification of monetary policy disturbances explaining the liquidity puzzle," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 463-497, June.
- Mishkin, Frederic S, 1982.
" Monetary Policy and Short-Term Interest Rates: An Efficient Markets-Rational Expectations Approach,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 37(1), pages 63-72, March.
- Frederic S. Mishkin, 1981. "Monetary Policy and Short-Term Interest Rates: An Efficient Markets-Rational Expectations Approach," NBER Working Papers 0693, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Grier, Kevin B & Perry, Mark J, 1993. " The Effect of Money Shocks on Interest Rates in the Presence of Conditional Heteroskedasticity," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(4), pages 1445-55, September.
- Dutkowsky, Donald H. & Foote, William G., 1988. "Forecasting discount window borrowing," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 593-603.
- Sims, Christopher A., 1992.
"Interpreting the macroeconomic time series facts : The effects of monetary policy,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 975-1000, June.
- Christopher A. Sims, 1992. "Interpreting the Macroeconomic Time Series Facts: The Effects of Monetary Policy," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1011, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Melvin, Michael, 1983. "The Vanishing Liquidity Effect of Money on Interest: Analysis and Implications for Policy," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 21(2), pages 188-202, April.
- Yash P. Mehra, 1985. "Inflationary expectations, money growth, and the vanishing liquidity effect of money on interest : a further investigation," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Mar, pages 23-35.
- Pagan, A.R. & Robertson, J.C., 1994.
"Resolving the Liquidity Effect,"
277, Australian National University - Department of Economics.
- Eric M. Leeper & David B. Gordon, 1991.
"In search of the liquidity effect,"
91-17, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Richard M. Todd, 1990. "Vector autoregression evidence on monetarism: another look at the robustness debate," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Spr, pages 19-37.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1990. "Liquidity and interest rates," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 237-264, April.
- Cook, Timothy & Hahn, Thomas, 1989. "The effect of changes in the federal funds rate target on market interest rates in the 1970s," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 331-351, November.
- Richard G. Anderson & Robert H. Rasche, 1996. "Measuring the adjusted monetary base in an era of financial change," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Nov, pages 3-37.
- Richard G. Anderson & Robert H. Rasche, 1996.
"A revised measure of the St. Louis adjusted monetary base,"
1996-004, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Richard G. Anderson & Robert H. Rasche, 1996. "A revised measure of the St. Louis adjusted monetary base," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Mar, pages 3-13.
- Stephen M. Goldfeld, 1976. "The Case of the Missing Money," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 7(3), pages 683-740.
- Belongia, Michael T & Hafer, R W & Sheehan, Richard G, 1988. "On the Temporal Stability of the Interest Rate-Weekly Money Relationship," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 70(3), pages 516-20, August.
- Robert B. Litterman & Laurence M. Weiss, 1984.
"Money, real interest rates, and output: a reinterpretation of postwar U.S. data,"
89, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Litterman, Robert B & Weiss, Laurence M, 1985. "Money, Real Interest Rates, and Output: A Reinterpretation of Postwar U.S. Data," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(1), pages 129-56, January.
- Robert B. Litterman & Laurence Weiss, 1983. "Money, Real Interest Rates, and Output: A Reinterpretation of Postwar U.S. Data," NBER Working Papers 1077, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Newey, Whitney & West, Kenneth, 2014.
"A simple, positive semi-definite, heteroscedasticity and autocorrelation consistent covariance matrix,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 33(1), pages 125-132.
- Newey, Whitney K & West, Kenneth D, 1987. "A Simple, Positive Semi-definite, Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(3), pages 703-08, May.
- Whitney K. Newey & Kenneth D. West, 1986. "A Simple, Positive Semi-Definite, Heteroskedasticity and AutocorrelationConsistent Covariance Matrix," NBER Technical Working Papers 0055, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pearce, Douglas K, 1993. "Discount Window Borrowing and Federal Reserve Operating Regimes," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 31(4), pages 564-79, October.
- Dutkowsky, Donald & Foote, William, 1985. "Switching, Aggregation, and the Demand for Borrowed Reserves," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 67(2), pages 331-35, May.
- Lawrence J. Christiano, 1991. "Modeling the liquidity effect of a money shock," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Win, pages 3-34.
- Timothy Cogley, 1993. "Adapting to instability in money demand: forecasting money growth with a time-varying parameter model," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, pages 35-41.
- Lombra, Raymond E., 1994. "Modeling changes in monetary policy regimes," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 671-682.
- Richard G. Sheehan & R.W. Hafer, 1987. "On the response of interest rates to unexpected weekly money: are policy changes important?," Working Papers 1987-005, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.