Human Capital in Russia
AbstractThis paper considers the dynamics of human capital in Russia, examining its changes over the transition period. A theoretical model has been developed to explain why a significant endowment of human capital creates the possibility but not the certainty of sustainable economic growth. An overview of the main high tech districts concludes the analysis
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cattaneo University (LIUC) in its journal The European Journal of Comparative Economics.
Volume (Year): 3 (2006)
Issue (Month): 1 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Corso Matteotti 22 - Castellanza (VA) 21053
Phone: +39 (0)331-572 1
Fax: +39 (0)331-572 320
Web page: http://eaces.liuc.it/default.asp
More information through EDIRC
human capital; R and D; information technology; Russia;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- O30 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - General
- O15 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Liliane Bensahel & Tamara Chamsoutdinova-Stieven, 2008. "The Adaptation of Western Management Methodology to the Investigation of Personnel Management Practices in Russia," Journal of Innovation Economics, De Boeck Université, De Boeck Université, vol. 0(1), pages 87-107.
- Iwasaki, Ichiro & Suganuma, Keiko, 2014. "Foregign Direct Investment and Regional Economic Growth in Russia: An Econometric Assessment," RRC Working Paper Series, Russian Research Center, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University 44, Russian Research Center, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Alexander S. Skorobogatov, 2012. "The value of human capital and health behavior," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 32(2), pages 1785-1796.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Piero Cavaleri).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.